|VIEW THIS YEAR'S PROGRAMME||REGISTER NOW|
|VENUE, TRAVEL, LODGING||SPEAKERS LIST|
#FBC5 has attracted people from all over the world and we are pleased to be able to show them the best that Great Britain has to offer. Please welcome our sponsors Visit Britain (@VisitBritain) who will be speaking at the closing day of #FBC5 about the current food trends in Britain and the shift in perceptions of Britain as lacking in good food!
In fact, the food scene in Britain has undergone a major renaissance in the last decade or two – long gone are the days that Britain is most famous for its big breakfasts and endless cups of tea. These days the nation is home to hundreds of Michelin-starred restaurants and boasts chefs whose faces are known the world over. On a more local level, visitors to the nation’s coastlines and countryside will find fresh, seasonal produce available to buy and sample at farmers’ markets, or enjoy at cosy gastropubs and restaurants; while committed foodies will be spoilt for choice on food trails, cookery schools and at festivals in charming surroundings.
It’s not just British food that visitors can enjoy though, as the nation is home to the rest of the world’s kitchens. Excellent Indian cuisine, bustling Chinatowns in many cities, authentic Italian, Spanish and Jamaican fare and newer additions like Peruvian cuisine add to the multitude of flavours on offer.
Why visit Britain for food you ask? Here are our top 5 reasons why food is Great in Britain:
1. More than 150 Michelin-starred restaurants and 123 Bibs Gourmands – innovative cuisine, fantastic local ingredients, creative chefs.
2. The world’s cuisines in one country – you can alphabetically eat anything from A (Australian) to Z (Zulu) inspired food.
3. Food and drink festivals take place all over the country celebrating the best produce from Britain and internationally.
4. English and Welsh vineyards, Scotch whisky, independent beer brewers – all winning international awards; you’ll never go thirsty in Britain.
5. Great traditions – Fish and chips frying in every town, afternoon tea served everywhere from 5-star hotels to tiny country cafés, puddings to tempt every sweet tooth, over 700 named British cheeses.
– And don’t forget the gastropubs – we invented them! A great combination of the much-loved British pub serving good value, tasty food.