Deadline for submissions: midnight GMT on 31 May 2013
Terms and conditions apply:
1. Valid food photo Instagram entries to the competition requires the entrant to follow @bloggerconnect on Instagram and tag each submission with #fbc5 and #bloggerconnect. Each photo submission should be taken by Instagram or mobile phone camera in order to be eligible.
2. All tagged images will be showcased on the Food Blogger Connect website under the giveaway sidebar
3. There will be 1 winner of the competition selected from all eligible entries by a panel of 3 judges: Bethany Kehdy, Sarka Babicka, and Jo Yee.
4. The winners will be notified via Twitter and Instagram on or before 30 June 2013 and will receive a free full weekend pass to the FBC conference on 5th – 7th July (excluding workshops).5. Photography entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6. All photography entries must be original and taken by you.
More About The Judges:
Food and travel photographer Jo Yee is passionate about the way photography evokes memories. Originally from Boston, USA, Jo now lives inLondon and travels often. At her blog, Candids by Jo, she shares recipes from cuisines from every corner of the globe, alongside tips and tutorials on how to get the best out of your camera.
Food Blogger Connect founder Bethany is a Lebanese-American food writer, known for her work at her Middle Eastern food blog Dirty Kitchen Secrets and Taste Lebanon food tours. Bethany champions Lebanese food, and has appeared on TV and in magazines across the world. Her first book, The Jewelled Kitchen, came out earlier this year.
London-based food, travel and lifestyle photographer Sarka is known for her fresh, minimalist photography, manipulating natural light to get the perfect shot. In addition to working with Bethany on The Jewelled Kitchen and Dirty Kitchen Secrets, Sarka has had work published in a multitude of magazines, including The Foodie Bugle and Fork. She also writes her own food and travel blog, Cook Your Dream. Originally from the Czech Republic, Sarka has lived in London since 2008.
Each entry is scored on a scale of 1 to 10 in each of the three categories: edibility, originality and aesthetics. These are then totalled to get a total score, the entry with the highest score wins!
The guidelines for the scoring are below:
10 – Outstanding composition, outstanding food styling, great lighting, correct focus
9 – Excellent
8 – Very good
7 – Good
6 – OK
5 – Average
4 – Not so good
3 – Below average, somewhat boring, little color
2 – Poor, doesn’t hold attention, very little color or tonal range
1 – Bad composition, little or no food styling, poor lighting, out of focus, boring, no color or tonal range
|VIEW THIS YEAR'S PROGRAMME||REGISTER NOW|
|VENUE, TRAVEL, LODGING||SPEAKERS LIST|